Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mom Talk

Can I just be thankful for the beauty that is Ryan Reynolds? Is that allowed? I'm pretty positive it should be, if it isn't. I just watched his segment on Conan, and I'm even more smitten with him than ever. Oh, Berg from "2 Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place" how weird it is to see you all man of the moment- but I love it.

OK, for real now. Today's grateful: the very reaffirming conversation I had with my mother about something I was struggling with at work. My mom and I have had our rocky parts of our relationship, and I think we're just now getting to a spot where we actually understand one another. And today, she completely got where I was coming from, made my analogy of what I was feeling even better, and affirmed why the current ongoings in my life are the right ones. That's pretty flipping awesome. And then we discussed paint colors until my dog got charged by an angry puggle and she tried to eat it. So basically, today I'm grateful for the drastic improvement in my mother and I's relationship, from not being able to talk for more than 5 minutes without one of us getting angry at the other to feeling like she is on my side. Love it, love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment