Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day Four: Genuinely Nice Interactions

I just got back from Walgreens; my mission was to pick up some allergy medicine. (Allegra is now OTC, WHAT IS UP NOW, PHARMACY. So excited by this. Now I will never again have to feel like death just because my refills expired.) My cashier was completely freaking awesome. She was stocking but also working the cosmetics counter, and beckoned me over as soon as she saw me heading to check out, thus preventing me from standing in a line 3 people deep. Sweet. Then she asked genuinely nice questions about how my day has been so far, which prompted me to ask about her day, at which point we bonded over the fact that we both just finished finals. And then we got to talk about how her brother works at the university I work at and that she wants to go to the university when she's done with her basics, and I told her I think that's awesome and that it's great that she's knocking out the basics while working, and she told me she thought it was great that I was working and in school, too. What a ridiculously nice person she was, especially at 9:00 pm on a weekday in a Walgreens. ( I mentally high fived her after this whole conversation, but sometimes I think I high five too much, so I didn't actually go for it. I probably should have.)

So I went in for Allegra and tampons, and I came out feeling pretty darn happy and having made a new Walgreens friend named Bee. I adore stuff like this. It really, really makes me happy. Thanks, Bee. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment