Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 5 a day late: My friend L

So this is a day late not because I was lacking in things to be grateful for, but because Blogger.com was out of commission from about 9 pm onward last night, so I couldn't put up a new post. I have to be honest, I was highly ungrateful for that one. It's ok, Blogger.com, we all have those days. No judgment.

Last night I had dinner with my friend L, who I love dearly. We know each other from college, and have my favorite start of a friendship story (she was friends with my now-husband first and they would study together a lot since they were in the same classes, and I was highly distrustful of her- until I met her, and then I loved her instantly, and then I "stole" her, as my husband says, and we were bridesmaids in each other's weddings and we heart each other forever.) I'm grateful for her for a number of reasons, but a few big ones are that she is always honest with me, she has a great sense of humor, and I know I can trust her with anything. There was a health scare for her not so long ago, and she fought through it (and kicked its tail) all with a lot of grace and maturity, and she has taught me so much about taking things as they are but not letting them be a roadblock. She is one of the most poised and classy people I know (even if she does prefer Dos Equis over liquor just about any day) because of that fighting spirit, honesty, sense of humor and general respect for those around her. She makes my day better every single time I see her or talk to her, and I really treasure our friendship- especially considering where we started out. =)

So, here's to you, L. I love you a million, you're one of my best friends on this planet, and I'm so very grateful for our connection and the time that we get to spend together.

No comments:

Post a Comment