Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day Three: Studying til 2 am Again

I'm grateful that I'm done with my Spring 2011 classes. KaBAM, I'm 1/3 of the way to my M Ed.I'm exhausted right now from the lack of sleep over the past few weeks thanks to studying, the stress of applying for and getting a new job, and just everything else. So- this probably won't be my most eloquent hour, but I'll try anyway.

I'm grateful that I'm pursuing the M Ed. I'm grateful that I've found a career I can be passionate about, and that this degree will help me further my career. (Someday I'll talk about work, but that's not today.) I'm grateful that my family is so supportive. I'm triple grateful that my husband is supportive of every single step I take towards this goal- through the tears and the whining and the exhaustion, he is there encouraging me. He's amazing. And I'm so grateful that I have this opportunity to further my education. It's easy for a lot of us to forget that college isn't a given for everyone- sometimes money and life get in the way. It's a blessing to be able to move forward in our lives through our education, and I'm going to try to remember that when I resume classes in 3 weeks and my summer weekends are sucked up. Will Summer 2011 be the best summer EVER? Um, no. And I'll probably whine about the 40 hr work week plus what feels like 8000 pages of reading and 500 pages worth of essays. But I'll try to remember this post next time I start whining about it. Nothing worth having ever came easily, and I'm fortunate and grateful that I've been given the opportunity to put in the effort to get this (at times much cursed) degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment