Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 19: New Recipe Day!

Today I am grateful that I was able to find a new recipe on the spur of the moment and cook chicken in a new way. I love new recipes. It's so fun to put together common ingredients in a new way and have a whole different taste experience. There's also something really soothing to be about prepping for cooking- I love chopping, slicing, I even like trimming meat. (However, I learned last night that I do not like removing skin from meat. Not fun.) I like being able to create something. I can't wait until we have a bigger kitchen (we're hoping to buy a house before the end of the year) and I can really get to work in the kitchen. In the same vein, I'm grateful that I've learned to get past my fears of cooking thanks to my very patient and supportive husband who makes the excellent point that the absolute worst case scenario is that the food isn't edible and we go get takeout. For the record, this hasn't happened yet. So yes- today I am grateful for getting over the fear of cooking, for discovering I actually enjoy cooking, and for the opportunity this evening to get to try a new recipe.

I'm having trouble writing tonight- that might have something to do with the fact that I waited to write til 1 am. So here is a short list of other random small things I'm grateful for.
1) Mark Paul "Zack Morris" Gosselaar being back on TV. Yes. Nice to see you, brunette Zack.
2) Knowing that I get out of work at 1 pm tomorrow. WOOT.
3) I found not one, not two, but three cute wardrobe items at Target tonight. Love it.
4) As always, puppy snuggles and kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment