Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Caffeine: The Only Thing Keeping Me Functional

OK, quick recap if you aren't a regular (all, um, 1 of you)- I work full time and am still in transition to a new position, and I'm in grad school. I'm also married, and my husband and I are planning on buying a house this fall. I'm also terrible at sleeping, and I'm a hardcore procrastinator. This is important to know given today's topic.

That said, caffeine is my best friend (after the pup and E.) I'm so grateful for caffeine. I'm basically a Red Bull addict, although I recently went more than a month without having one; I crave it and I honestly feel like I function better when I have one (Hi, my name is K, and I have an addiction.) I also have discovered ways to drink coffee, even though I don't love it. And I'll drink tea. I have a feeling that if someone told me mud had caffeine in it, I'd be the first one scooping up some dirt. I don't know what I'll do when it's pregnancy time someday and I can't have caffeine- ugh, I can't even think of it, let's move on.

So today, I salute you, BFF Caffeine. I am so grateful for your existence- you get me moving in the morning, you keep me from falling asleep on a keyboard, you help me survive tedious presentations and lectures. If I didn't have you, I would probably be considered a constantly late, very rude and possibly narcoleptic person. Cheers to you and thank you for existing. For one more year of school, we are BFFs; I hope you're up for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment